The Almighty Amazing Coming Revival
God has reshaped my thinking over the last two years through His Word, in particular Isaiah 58, which has become one of the most significant chapters of the Bible to me. This great chapter of the Bible speaks of an amazing revival which I believe is still to come. South Africa, like few other countries in the world, is prepared by God for this revival. There are some spectacular signs, miracles and answers to prayer in this forthcoming, ‘goose bumps’ revival. We will know God's presence in a powerful way and I pray that this generation will be the ones to experience this staggering move of God. Look with me at what God says will occur in this remarkable and astonishing revival:
“Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and He will say: ‘Here am I.’ The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.” Isa 58 : 8,9,11
· There will be significant healing miracles: “… your healing will quickly appear” (v8). We all long for the day when there will be genuine healing that is real, instant and Divine, as in the days of the Lord Jesus' earthly ministry.
· You will live righteous lives: “… then your righteousness will go before you.” (v8). Sadly, many Christians today lack righteousness. In this promised revival, we will live right - not talk about living right but we will live what we believe. We will be changed from being believers to behavers.
· God's glory will be all around you: “…the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.” (v8). We all long for the tangible presence of God. This will be the case in this revival; you will be a glory Christian, surrounded by the glorious splendour of our majestic God. The presence of the Holy Spirit will be a reality, not some longed-for experience.
· There will amazing instant answers to prayer: “ Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and He will say: ‘Here am I.’” What a promise! We need to cry out, "Oh Lord hasten this day that when we will call to You, You will answer instantly and we will hear you say – ‘Here am I my child.’”
· There will be clear guidance from the Lord: “The Lord will guide you always.” (v11). As a pastor I spend many hours counselling people who want to know God's specific will for their lives. When this revival occurs, there will be clear and specific guidance from God. Gone will be the day of saying – 'I wish I knew what God wants me to do.’ In this mighty revival, God's guidance for your life will not be something over which you struggle. God's presence will be so powerful in your life that guidance will be direct and clear.
· The Lord will satisfy your every need: “He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.” (v11). These will be extra-ordinary days. Days which will have a touch of Heaven on earth; when the power of God will meet your needs; when God will strengthen you and you will be fresh like a well-watered garden.
Isn't this an incredible revival? This must have been what it was like in the Garden of Eden before sin entered. In the remarkable graciousness of God, He promises a restoration of conditions similar to that of the Garden of Eden, despite sin being present. It is unbelievable, it is spectacular, it is personal, it is practical, it is ‘goose bumpy’ and it is extra-ordinary. And I believe South Africa is one of the countries where it is most likely to occur. Why? Because all around us are the issues that need to be dealt with before God's Spirit will sweep through this land in this revival.
What are these conditions you say? Tell me what to do so that I may be a part of this incredible God-filled era. Isaiah the prophet tells us so simply and clearly in the verses which precede the promise of this mighty revival.
“Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter— when you see the naked, to clothe him, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?” Isa 58:6,7.
The five conditions are:
· loosening the chains of injustice,
· setting the oppressed free,
· sharing your food with the hungry,
· providing the poor wanderer with shelter
· clothing the naked
When the Church of God unites in this country and rises up with a godly rage against poverty and injustice, we will see this promised revival.
In the March edition of JOY! I will focus on these five conditions. Until then - start believing the Word by behaving the lifestyle of Isaiah 58:6, 7. Take God at His Word as you actively deal with setting people free from the slavery of sin and the oppression of poverty. Start to behave the Word and God will fulfil His promise to respond to His people's obedience.